Throwback Thursday: The Negotiator

There are so many good books to read out there and so little time that choosing can be hard. I love following Instagram but I've noticed most of the books featured in those photos are fairly recent releases. While new books definitely deserve our attention, I also want to highlight books that have been around a bit longer that probably will never fall into the classics category but could be just the read someone is looking for.

So read on for my first installment in Throwback Thursdays: Books.



Dee Henderson is a well-known author in the Christian romantic suspense world but in the early 2000's, I had never heard of this author. My roommate bought the first book of her O'Malley series for me--in Spanish. I borrowed an English copy from the library to make the reading easier and soon fell in love with this family (I now own all the books in the series). These are my favorite books from Henderson.

Kate is a fierce protagonist. She knows she is good at her job, is unapologetic about what she needs to do to be successful but doesn't tear others down along the way. Dave displays a strong sense of loyalty and faith. Kate's family (each of whom will eventually star in his or her own book) is a delight to meet.

The characters feel real. Their struggles with faith aren't sugarcoated. I appreciate that Dee Henderson is able to weave faith into her story instead of trying to whack readers repeatedly over the head with her beliefs being mentioned every other page. The story itself is engaging and paced well; the events keep pulling the reader along.

If you are looking for your first foray into this genre or haven't read anything by Dee Henderson yet, I highly recommend starting with The Negotiator (although you might want to go for an English version ;)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Everything AND the Kitchen Sink

Throwback Thursday: Spelling Bee Memories

Children's Books in April