102 Years

Yesterday the National Park Service celebrated 102 years of service in protecting our natural lands and historical and cultural heritage. Although the NPS has over 400 units to manage, only 60 are currently designated as national parks. To honor this occasion, I thought it would be interesting to create a list of the parks I have visited. (I used this site for quickest viewing of all 60).

So here we go!
1. Badlands
2. Cuyahoga Valley
3. Gateway Arch
4. Grand Canyon
5. Grand Teton
6. Great Smoky Mountains (although this was more just a drive-through)
7. Kings Canyon
8. Mammoth Cave
9. Sequioa
10. Shenandoah
11. Yellowstone
12. Yosemite

I think Shenandoah was the first one I visited in conjunction with a trip to DC when I was early elementary age. If not, then I believe it is Mammoth, also early elementary. (Since Cuyahoga is in Ohio, there is chance my parents took me there first but I don't remember it while I have vague memories of the other two trips.)

Newest one to join the list is Gateway Arch from a solo trip in the early 2010's.

Which ones of these have you visited? What was your first NPS park visit?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Everything AND the Kitchen Sink

Throwback Thursday: Spelling Bee Memories

Children's Books in April