January Writing Update

Where am I with my writing this month?

1. The first novella of my Suitcases & Love trilogy is back from its editor. I have to go through and make decisions about which changes to keep, modify, or ignore. I am meeting with the cover designer next week. I am also receiving feedback from my beta readers so that will play into the editing process of the final draft over the next few weeks. I am still aiming for a late February release of the Kindle version (Feb 28 actually!).

2. The second novella has made it to its second draft. Next step will be to get it to the editing eyes of someone besides myself.

3. I have written a short story of almost 14K words that serves as a prequel companion story to the trilogy. I am not sure yet of the path I will follow for its release but it will be available sometime this year as well.

4. I am working on two other short stories of 2K-5K words. I really don't know the publishing plan for these two, but I am enjoying the writing. One of them is in the Suitcases & Love universe while the other one is a greater development of a piece I created for a contest.

5. I have a newsletter now! If you like books and travel, you should sign up for this monthly e-mail. There is a link to the sign-up on my page here.

6. Finally, I have business cards. I feel so official now!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Throwback Thursday: Spelling Bee Memories

Everything AND the Kitchen Sink

November Books Wrap-Up