Children's Books in April

I read four children's books this month and really enjoyed three of them.

The Museum had an enjoyable rhyming pattern to it but the gem was how it introduced young readers to several art masterpieces. Children who love to paint would enjoy this book and there are multiple options for incorporating this book into a cross-curricular classroom setting.


Mango, Abuela, and Me combined my love of Spanish with a genuine look at the question of how to handle the concerns of aging parents (or in this case, an aging grandmother). The story also infused parts of Hispanic culture. I would love a copy of this book for my Spanish classroom and will look for other offerings by the author.

Just Add Glitter is simply a fun book. Any young child who loves bright, sparkly things will adore the illustrations. I even found myself gently touching the pages to feel the glitter!

Clothesline Clues to Sports People Play was my least favorite book. It had a neat premise--look at what clothing items are hanging on the clothesline to guess what sport the people play--but the rhyming pattern felt off. My favorite part was the squirrel that kept popping up in the illustrations. This book is part of a series so it could be valuable in a classroom setting as part of a collection.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Everything AND the Kitchen Sink

Throwback Thursday: Spelling Bee Memories