Throwback Thursday: Passport to Romance (Nancy Drew)

Nancy Drew. I'm not joking when I say it is possible I have read 100 of the many books written about the teenage girl detective. (Some research turns up over 300 titles across the various lines.) While nearly all the stories were enjoyable reads, some titles stand out more than others. One of my favorites is actually a set of three, the Passport to Romance trilogy (released in 1992 by Simon & Schuster)

These three books set their mysteries against the backdrop of fantastic European destinations. Nancy and her friends first travel to Switzerland and then head on to Italy before finishing their touring in Greece. These books tantalized my imagination with their touches of the culture of these countries; I especially remember details from Rendezvous in Rome with its mention of the Etruscans and a daring chase through the Coliseum.



Each book wrapped up its own mystery, but the trilogy introduced a romance arc that also kept me reading. I had to find out if Nancy chose her long-time beau Ned or took a chance on a new romance with the Australian Mick? Even when the third book ended with the question mostly answered, I had to hunt down the next book in the Nancy Drew Files to see how Nancy's relationship situation settled out.

Do you have a favorite Nancy Drew book?

P.S. If you didn't see my previous entry, I am participating in a promotion of romance stories this month. Over 30 ebooks are available for free with signing up for author newsletters at https://mybookcave.com/g/d5d103ea/. My short story Mill Creek Wedding Run is one of the many choices available and participants can enter to win a $30 gift card, so check it out!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Everything AND the Kitchen Sink

Throwback Thursday: Spelling Bee Memories

November Books Wrap-Up