Museum Monday: Museo Picasso

First off, let me say that Malaga, Spain is an awesome city that deserved far more than the not-even-really-24-hours that I gave it. If you are traveling through southern Spain and have the room in your itinerary, go there!

This Mediterranean city is the birthplace of the famous artist Pablo Picasso and pays tribute to him with more than one museum. His birthplace is closed on Mondays, my day in the city, but the Museo Picasso with over 200 of his pieces on display was open.

The museum follows the artist's development from his childhood years and sketches into adulthood with both paintings and sculptures. While a chronological order is the main pattern, some displays focus on a topic such as his art that involved animals.

The museum is not huge but does involve walking and there aren't always places to take a rest especially if it is busy like the day I visited. I was pleased with the audioguide although at times it was a lot of information and I was ready to move on before the narrator.

If you are into art especially modern, I recommend this museum for a visit--this is Picasso, the co-inventor of Cubism! (However if you would rather not spend a chunk of time focused on one person and only have one day in Malaga, I say go check out the Pompidou Centre in Malaga instead.)

Sadly although not unexpected, there is no photography inside the museum so I only have an outside shot.

Museo Picasso entrance sign
Just outside the entrance

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Everything AND the Kitchen Sink

Throwback Thursday: Spelling Bee Memories

Children's Books in April