New Year's Resolutions

Do you set New Year's resolutions? For some reason about a decade ago, I stopped calling my goals for the new year resolutions and instead created a list of Things To Do. This shift suited me much better and I enjoyed having a focus for what I wanted to experience in my life. Plus the lists helped me keep track of where I was on hitting the goals (I had too much fun highlighting each activity a different color based on how far I had progressed towards reaching that goal.)

I didn't do a list in 2019. I think I let myself get too busy. Developing my writing and everything that goes with sharing my work in the world has been a far bigger task than I anticipated a year ago. I am so grateful for this opportunity, but I know I got overwhelmed at times. Just look at this poor blog--this is my first entry in over four months!

So anyway I want to spend the next several days creating my Things To Do in 2020 list, but I already have one idea in mind related to books: Read 365 books. Basically a book a day. Before you think I won't have time for anything else in this new year, I need to add that many of these books will be picture books. I became an aunt this past year for the first time, and I want to start building a list of stories for us to read together especially as she goes older and takes an interest in books as something more than another food option.

Let me know about your reading goals for the year! Do you have any great children's book suggestions?

First book of 2020!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Everything AND the Kitchen Sink

Throwback Thursday: Spelling Bee Memories

Children's Books in April