Five-Star Friday: For Everyone

For Everyone by Jason Reynolds



This book really resonated with me. As an adult you're expected to have it all together and yet there are those moments where to paraphrase a popular meme, you find yourself looking around for a more adultier adult. Other days you just don't feel as though you are where to want to be. And some days, you simply feel lost.

This collection of poems addresses these emotions in honest, reflective verses. I felt like I was part of a conversation as I paged through the four parts of the book, the words pulling me along.

One of my favorite segments was when he talked about how creativity was for everyone, not just the typical artists.

Jason's words were encouraging and also motivating. The writing wasn't just to make you feel ok about where you were in life but to keep moving forward, no matter the stage or walk you were in.

I recommend this book "for everyone" but especially anyone who's searching for the next step.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Everything AND the Kitchen Sink

Throwback Thursday: Spelling Bee Memories

Children's Books in April